Thank you for wanting to know more about Kaweah Fly Fishers. We hope the following FAQ’s answer most of your questions.
What’s this club about?
Kaweah Flyfishers Aims and Purposes
- To improve and promote the sport of fly fishing as one means of enhancing and conserving high quality fisheries.
- To educate the public as to conservation practices needed and used in fishing.
- To promote and provide instruction in fly tying, fly rod building, fly casting and general stream-manship.
- To promote and work for the betterment of all fisheries in the Central Sierra with particular interest in the Kaweah, Kings, Tule and Kern River watersheds.
How do you support that?
State how we support these goals/mission
Are new members welcome?
What’s in it for me?
- Meet people who love flyfishing as much as you do
- Overnight fishing trips
- Day trips
- Annual Banquet
- Casting Classes with excellent casting instructors
- Tying Classes with experienced fly tyers
- Hear speakers discuss issues important to anglers
- Hear speakers who share fishing opportunities
- Support local efforts to promote trout habitat and populations
Am I required to participate in these events/meetings/classes?
Nope. We don’t require participation, but you’ll definitely have a lot more fun if you do participate.
Who can I talk to about becoming a member?
We have meetings at the Lifestyle Center the first Friday of every month. The meeting starts at 7 P.M., but people start showing up around 6:30 P.M. Stop by and say hello. Someone will be there who can answer your questions. Also, you can send an email to (insert appropriate email here) or contact us using the form below.